Pwing Forum

Home
Guides
Vote

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: EssentialAdmins Staff Application TOPIC CLOSED
mrawesomeb-
urger
Miner
Post EssentialAdmins Staff Application
on: October 31, 2018, 19:59

*NOTICE*
I fixed most of my formatting errors

►►1. What is your in-game name?

-Esszy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

►►2. What is your Discord name and tag?

-EssentialAdmin#0464

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

►►3. How much time do you think you can spend on Pwing daily?

-It depends on the day, I am currently in 8 highschool classes and 5 college classes. On most week days I can spend about an hour, on weekends I can spend more like 4-5 hours (broken into a morning "session" and a afternoon/night "session"). That could go up to 6-7, but will not go down.

►►4. Do you have any experience being a moderator or higher? (If yes, please link any relevant information. If you no longer have a position there, please mention why).

-Yes, I was a mod a while ago while tara was owner, and promoted to Sr. Mod. I am not a staff member here anymore because I resigned. I was also Co-Owner of a server with my IRL buddy, it was a factions server that peeked at 200 players called bridgefactions. That ended up shutting down due to financial problems.

►►5. Please list at least three rules which you believe are the most important.

-Rule 5: No harassment, spamming, all caps, arguing, swearing
a. This rule is important to me due to past events that have personally happened to me on the server. I believe every player should be treated with respect, and should not at any point have to go through harassment.
-Rule 13: Real life threats will not be tolerated
a. Again, there are personal experiences that I would not like to get into. Players should never have to go through the trauma of cyber
bullying. It is very wrong, and if I get staff this will be one of the main things I will always keep watching for this.
-Rule 16: Do not artificially modify your pvp score through any kind of farming.
a. This rule is obviously important to me, because I enjoy the fun of a pvp season (which reminds me, Red, you still have yet to compensate for when you killed me in pvp in gmc xD).

►►6. Have you ever been banned, muted or punished in any way on Pwing or other servers? (If yes, please list the punishment and which server)

-Obviously, as many know, I was banned from Pwing. I changed my alt account's name to "tara81" and it had opped permissions. I ruined the economy by placing a sell dirt sign from admin shop for 500k. I was banned by Kevin for this. I appealed after 6 months and tara herself accepted the appeal.

►►7. How old are you?

►►8. How long have you been a member on the server?

-5 years, almost 6 come December.

►►9. How have you shown support to the server? (voting, donating, etc.)

-Yes, I vote a lot, and I have donated Legend on my current account, and up to Warlord on my old account.

►►10. Please give your own description of what you think the job of a staff member is.

-I think as a staff member, you are supposed to help and lead the players of pwing. You are supposed to set a good example for the players because they look up to you. You help players who ask for help, you dedicate time to the server because it's what you choose to do. The position is a responsibility that you need to take to heart because it means something to the server. I love the pwing community and would love to be part of the staff that helps. I truly think that if you are not dedicated to holding true to the position you are given, you don't belong. I also believe it is knowing when to put the interests of the server above the individual player interests. It is important though to find the balance in between of when which is more important.

►►11. Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?

-I teased another player (he knows who he is) by pretending to throw items he wanted away. This caused somewhat of a commotion. It wasn't a good judgment decision, and something like that won't happen again. i didn't handle it very well as it ended with him being in some trouble. I learned that you shouldn't tease other players or use them to make yourself laugh. It was cruel even though I saw it as a small thing. I do feel bad about it and it won't happen again.

►►12. Why should we consider you as staff over others? Please list strengths, weaknesses and any other information we might want to about you.

-You should consider me because of the insight and knowledge I have about this server. I believe nothing more needs to be said.

-Strengths:
a. Determination
b. Patience
c. Knowing what is right
d. Acting on what I need to do if it comes to it
-Weaknesses:
a. Procrastination (I have been working on this)
b. Focus

►►13. What is the reasoning for your application? Why are you deciding to apply for staff?

-I know this server. As listed before I've been here for almost 6 years. There are maybe one to two others who can say the same. I know this server very well. I know how to communicate well to people. I decided to apply because I would like to give back to what has given me so much.

►►14. SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a chatmod and you permanently mute a well-known player (who was nonetheless guilty) with a large group of friends. All of the sudden, their friends start spamming you calling you a bad staff member, reporting you on the forums and trying to get you demoted. What would you do?

-You must remember and trust that what you did was necessary. If it was, then the staff team will be behind you. This has happened to me before, and some players who I will leave un-named did the same thing to me (over skype, not on forums). Trust your gut, and if they deserve it then you have to do what needs to be done.

►►15. SCENARIO: It's a busy day and you're the only staff member online. You're constantly being asked for help by many players. There are a group of players causing mischief in chat and cussing other people out. Then there are a group of hackers in PvP. And on top of that one of your friends who is only on once a month asks you to go on a Delphi raid with them while they're here. What do you do?

-Prioritize. Say no to the Delphi raid, if they're a real friend they will understand that you need to do what you need to do. Next you handle the profanity. Personally I think that pwing pvp is not as important as having a good healthy community. Give fair warnings to stop, and if it continues, mute said players. Keep your eye on chat as you handle the last event, the hackers. You want video evidence of these people so they cannot say you falsely jailed them. Once you have video evidence, you jail or ban them(not sure what the current expectation is). I am not sure how long as this may have changed, but I would jail them for a week, unless that has changed.

mrawesomeb-
urger
Miner
Post Re: EssentialAdmins Staff Application
on: October 31, 2018, 20:04

I fixed most of my formatting errors!

Redned
Administrator
on: October 31, 2018, 20:57

Other than the formatting, the application seems good. I will leave this open for community input and suggestions.

mrawesomeb-
urger
Miner
on: November 4, 2018, 15:15

bump

LaggyAuPla-
yer
on: November 5, 2018, 06:43

+1 Really nice guy and I feel he would be a great addition to the staff team. Best of luck. :))

Redned
Administrator
on: November 11, 2018, 12:16

After further discussion and processing, we have decided to accept you as a chat moderator. Over the past 3 - 4 months that you have returned to Pwing it has been evident that you have moved on from the opping incident that happened almost three years ago and have matured since then.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.158 seconds.