Pwing Forum

Home
Guides
Vote

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Chat Mod Staff application TOPIC CLOSED
Silver_Aar-
on
Post Chat Mod Staff application
on: January 26, 2019, 01:25

►►1. What is your in-game name?
Silver_Aaron
►►2. What is your Discord name and tag?
Silv_Tyler#8140
►►3. How much time do you think you can spend on Pwing daily?
Weekdays atleast 4 hours per day and weekends around 7 to 10
►►4. Do you have any experience being a moderator or higher? (If yes, please link any relevant information. If you no longer have a position there, please mention why).
No sadly
►►5. Please list at least three rules which you believe are the most important.
Personally i find rules 5, 13 and 17 to be the most important although they all are needed for the server to run smoothly
►►6. Have you ever been banned, muted or punished in any way on Pwing or other servers? (If yes, please list the punishment and which server)
I was temp banned for a week a few years ago for sassing Tara during an argument between her and chew in which i shouldn’t have intervened.
►►7. How old are you?
►►8. How long have you been a member on the server?
I think I started playing sometime 2015 and have been active ever since i first joined.
►►9. How have you shown support to the server? (voting, donating, etc.)
I have donated around 50$ and voted 362 times for pwing(so far)
►►10. Please give your own description of what you think the job of a staff member is.
In my opinion i think a staff member is someone who tries to make the server run as smooth as possible and make sure everything is well kept and everyone is having fun and not exploiting the server and ruining the experience for others.
►►11. Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?
Well a mistake i made a while back was probably using a glitch to my advantage instead of reporting it right away and the punishment was fitting for the crime. I learned if it feels wrong it probably is so just don't do it and since then i haven’t exploited for personal gain
►►12. Why should we consider you as staff over others? Please list strengths, weaknesses and any other information we might want to about you.
Honestly the only thing that sets me apart from others is that i am one of the most active players currently and I genuinely want to help keep the server running its best. My strengths include analytical skills and seeing things through; Although my one real weakness is procrastination and getting that fire under me started that i need to motivate myself.
►►13. What is the reasoning for your application? Why are you deciding to apply for staff?
I just want to help do my part for the community here.
►►14. SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a chat mod and you permanently mute a well-known player (who was nonetheless guilty) with a large group of friends. All of the sudden, their friends start spamming you calling you a bad staff member, reporting you on the forums and trying to get you demoted. What would you do?
I would say that they were, in fact, guilty of the perm mute worthy offense with proper evidence as that is a pretty hefty punishment that would need to be 100% called for without question.they can appeal later if they feel so inclined and even make forum posts calling to demote me, i am doing my best and i am human so if i make a mistake it happens and not on purpose.
►►15. SCENARIO: It's a busy day and you're the only staff member online. You're constantly being asked for help by many players. There are a group of players causing mischief in chat and cussing other people out. Then there are a group of hackers in PvP. And on top of that one of your friends who is only on once a month asks you to go on a Delphi raid with them while they're here. What do you do?
First i would warn the people in chat for language and if they dont get it give them a 10 minute mute. After that exchange which should have only taken about 30 seconds i would gm sp into pvp and watch the suspects at hand and punish accordingly. The players who need help can be assisted by other active members online so i wouldn’t quite put them at the top of the priority bracket although i wouldn't neglect them either. Sorry to say but my friend would have to wait and maybe i can set them up with other players to do a Delphi raid with while they are here.

Redned
Administrator
Post Re: Chat Mod Staff application
on: January 26, 2019, 01:30

Nice application, I'd like you to elaborate more on question 11 though. Please include more specifics (when was this, who was involved, what glitch was this that you specifically exploited, etc.).

LaggyAuPla-
yer
on: January 26, 2019, 01:32

Good app, +1 from me, nice guy and I hope you get on staff team, would be nice to work with you.

Silver_Aar-
on
on: January 26, 2019, 01:32

it was a glitch primarily used to bypass locked chests using armor in your hand of a type that you weren't wearing(i.e chestplate in your hand while not having on on your player) i only used it to loot chests which should have been unlocked due to inactivity but you live and learn I guess.

Redned
Administrator
on: January 26, 2019, 01:58

Accepted! Welcome to the team.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.041 seconds.