Pwing Forum

Home
Guides
Vote

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sunkistguys Staff Application TOPIC CLOSED
Sunkistguy
Post Sunkistguys Staff Application
on: March 10, 2019, 13:01

►►1. What is your in-game name?

Sunkistguy

►►2. What is your Discord name and tag?

Sunkistguy#5835

►►3. How much time do you think you can spend on Pwing daily?

2 hours

►►4. Do you have any experience being a moderator or higher? (If yes, please link any relevant information. If you no longer have a position there, please mention why).

No

►►5. Please list at least three rules which you believe are the most important.

No loot stealing (Rule 1), No causing server lag (Rule 5), and No using macros or scripts of any kind (Rule 21)

►►6. Have you ever been banned, muted or punished in any way on Pwing or other servers? (If yes, please list the punishment and which server)

Muted yes, and jailed but no bans or permanent punishment before.

►►7. How old are you?

►►8. How long have you been a member on the server?

Since before 2014.

►►9. How have you shown support to the server? (voting, donating, etc.)

Yes i have voted before and currently am of legend rank.

►►10. Please give your own description of what you think the job of a staff member is.

Supporting the server and making it stay safe and clean for everyone to play on.

►►11. Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?

I made a deal with Verde for a forgotten helmet, which was i believe the first on the server at the time, for a level 1 soul stealer whip and a few other items, but Verde was wanting a max level whip. The problem was that he never asked or said anything about it being level 1 (which was available for him to see), but also i refused to do a trade back, because i had already put a gem on it, and I wanted to keep the helmet, because it was the first I've ever seen. During that time, Silver_Aaron and Itzjustyou were watching and didn't like the deal I made, and started "disowning" me, by not wishing to do any more deals with me, from this event I learned that some people don't approve of certain deals, even though both parties agreed to it and had the opportunity for knowing more about said items. After this event, I started being more truthful about items, and seeing if people are sure that they want to do a deal before they agree.

►►12. Why should we consider you as staff over others? Please list strengths, weaknesses and any other information we might want to about you.

I have played Pwing for quite a while and even though I have taken breaks I always come back, I also think I can try and lead Pwing in a better direction, I believe I can, because I do have some prior knowledge with some coding language but nothing like java, while I do struggle with problems, and sometimes don't have enough time because of things like school, I try my best to be on Pwing a good amount. I do have other problems like not being able to understand things about peoples emotions as well as others, I primarily think of things based on a logical stand point or a "needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few stand point", which to some may be bad because that changes my moral compass. Some strengths I have though, is when I truly decide I want to do something, I do it, recently I have decided I wanted to go to a more biological background for something like college, and recently I have been trying harder to do better at it, and I have been able to keep a high B to A for the whole year now. I also can bring some things specifically to pwing, for example my prior knowledge of other MMORPGs (ex. WoW, ESO, Warframe etc.) so I can bring some new ideas from said games, that change pwing for the better.

In total I think I would bring a new stand point to further the game, and since I have decided how much I truly enjoy pwing, I have faith I would be able to keep pwing in a good place, or make it even better.

►►13. What is the reasoning for your application? Why are you deciding to apply for staff?

I wish to further Pwing in its progression, primarily in dungeon, story, and quest (as previously stated).

►►14. SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a chat mod and you permanently mute a well-known player (who was nonetheless guilty) with a large group of friends. All of the sudden, their friends start spamming you calling you a bad staff member, reporting you on the forums and trying to get you demoted. What would you do?

I would go to a higher person (whether that be a mod or the owner) explain what happened and have them understand the circumstances from a non-bias opinion. Also i don’t think a permanent mute would be a good idea for a well-known player, a day mute until someone higher up can confirm and have them decide a fitting punishment as well would be good in my opinion.

►►15. SCENARIO: It's a busy day and you're the only staff member online. You're constantly being asked for help by many players. There are a group of players causing mischief in chat and cussing other people out. Then there are a group of hackers in PvP. And on top of that one of your friends who is only on once a month asks you to go on a Delphi raid with them while they're here. What do you do?

Firstly mute the people who are spamming and causing mischief if i have warned them at least twice, next I would first try to see if the “hackers” truly are cheating, if they are I would (if given the power) jail them for roughly 12-24 hours until someone else can agree that a punishment is fit for these cheaters, and finally have a nice Delphi raid with some friends.

Sunkistguy
Post Re: Sunkistguys Staff Application
on: March 10, 2019, 13:43

Also i would like to say thank you to all of the Pwing community for giving me a great time, and also would say thanks to the whole of the staff community for giving me the opportunity to help this server. Thank you all <3

Redned
Administrator
on: March 10, 2019, 13:51

Can you please give more information in question 12, (primarily strengths and weaknesses). Also in question 11 can you elaborate more on the situation (who you made the deal with, why they got upset, and what you learned from it personally)

Redned
Administrator
on: March 15, 2019, 17:25

Thank you for your interest in applying for staff and for the dedication you've put into the server, but after further discussion, we've indicated that you've not consistently put forward the example we want staff to be to our players. I've definitely noticed you've changed some since the past given your record, but we've also noticed there is definitely room for improvement as well. Feel free to re-apply in a month or so.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.064 seconds.