Pwing Forum

Home
Guides
Vote

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Chewits579 Staff Application TOPIC CLOSED
Grandslamm-
er1
Digger
Post Chewits579 Staff Application
on: March 23, 2019, 17:35

1. What is your in-game name?

Chewits579
=============================================================================================================
2. What is your Discord name and tag?

Conor#9181
=============================================================================================================
3. How much time do you think you can spend on Pwing daily?

At the moment, I spend about 5+ hours on pwing but once I get back to work, I'll be able to spend around 2 hours maybe a few more later at night and on the weekends.
4. Do you have any experience being a moderator or higher? (If yes, please link any relevant information. If you no longer have a position there, please mention why).

I have been a moderator and Admin on a few servers. I've made my own and simply ran out of money to fund it and I've also been an admin on an old server called BubbleCraft which I lost due to the server shutting down (once again for lack of funds).
5. Please list at least three rules which you believe are the most important.

In my opinion, the top 3 most important rules are
5,1: No Hacks or exploitation- This can effect the server in a very negative away. Firstly, hacking in pvp makes it unfair and unfun for all involved. Secondly, if someone exploits a glitch which can dupe an item, they break the economy and can ruin the server for a few days for everyone.
5,2: Secondly, I believe that No Harrassment, spamming, all caps, being toxic, arguing and swearing is the next in line. I feel that all players should be able to enjoy their experience on pwing without having to fear abuse from other players or have to sit through an argument between two or more players. This is a game and should be played to have fun with friends. Breaking this rule just ruins the server for everyone.
5,3: Finally, I believe the 3rd most important rule is the "No real life threats". Threatening someone's life in person, is unacceptable and should not be tolerated. Nobody should have to fear for their life over a block game. We're all here to have fun and when somebody threatens this, they've taken it a step too far.
6. Have you ever been banned, muted or punished in any way on Pwing or other servers? (If yes, please list the punishment and which server)

My history on Pwing is no secret. I've been banned, muted and punished so many times on the server, but through these punishments, I've grown as a more mature and better player for the community. As for other servers, I don't recall being banned on any other servers as I never played any others long enough.
7. How old are you?

I'm 17 years old.
8. How long have you been a member on the server?

I've been a member of Pwing since early 2013 if I remember correctly. May be earlier or slightly later however it was definitely 2013 or before.
9. How have you shown support to the server? (voting, donating, etc.)

I've voted a great many times over the years and have the highest rank of Warlord.
10. Please give your own description of what you think the job of a staff member is.

A staff members job in my opinion is to not only be an excellent role model for other players, but to be a responsible person in the community, capable of having fun with the players while enforcing the rules. A staff member must always be willing to help out a player in need.
11. Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?

In all honesty, the past year I haven't been as active in Pwing as I have prior, however while still being sort of active, my worst mistake was probably losing my temper with a player in pvp and having an argument with said player. I wasn't in a good mood that day but have learnt that I shouldn't take my poor moods out on innocent players and it won't happen again.
12. Why should we consider you as staff over others? Please list strengths, weaknesses and any other information we might want to about you.

As one of the oldest members of Pwing, I have more experience than most with the server. I've watched it grow and fall and then grow again as Red picked it up. I've contributed to the server in many ways and have overall been a positive impact on the server. While I may not have had the favour of the previous owner Tara81, I was always good friends with many of the staff and many of the players. I'm known as a friendly player and have a great reputation. I'm willing to go out of my way to help other players and I'm very willing to do all I can to help pwing grow as a server. I've been with pwing since the beginning nearly and I'm still here which shows dedication and loyalty. I'm capable of enforcing the rules, while not being too strict on players and helping everybody.
13. What is the reasoning for your application? Why are you deciding to apply for staff?

My reason for applying for staff is simple. I've always wanted to be a staff member on pwing. I've applied many times in the past but have never got it as I said, I didn't have favour with the previous owner. I've always wanted to help players and try to improve the experience for everybody as a whole. I would love to join the team and be able to work my way up the ranks and improve pwing for the better.
14. SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a chatmod and you permanently mute a well-known player (who was nonetheless guilty) with a large group of friends. All of the sudden, their friends start spamming you calling you a bad staff member, reporting you on the forums and trying to get you demoted. What would you do?

If I've muted a well known player, regardless of how well known and how many friends, with good reason and sufficient proof and evidence, regardless of the harassment they may throw towards me, I'll stick to the punishment and wait for the owner to give his opinion. All players are equal on the server.
15. SCENARIO: It's a busy day and you're the only staff member online. You're constantly being asked for help by many players. There are a group of players causing mischief in chat and cussing other people out. Then there are a group of hackers in PvP. And on top of that one of your friends who is only on once a month asks you to go on a Delphi raid with them while they're here. What do you do?

The players causing mischief in chat, cussing would be warned sufficiently. If they were to continue, I'd mute them for the appropriate length of time. As for the group of hackers in pvp, I would get a recording or proof of them cheating and send this to the appropriate person to deal with. I would not go on the Delphi raid with my friend until the server was back in good order and everybody was playing fair and people are being nice to one another. If this were to happen for too long and go out of control, I'd request another staff member to come on and help deal with the issue.

Thanks for taking the time to read! ~Chewits579

Sunkistguy
Post Re: Chewits579 Staff Application
on: March 23, 2019, 17:48

Worst person ever should never be mod he just kills everything in pvp just because hes 2 good he shouldnt be given any more power!
But for real chew is nice as heck and is good player who has played pwing even longer than me so he defenitely knows how to do this stuff and i hope for the best for him much love <3

Redned
Administrator
Post Re: Chewits579 Staff Application
on: March 26, 2019, 21:31

Nice application and I can definitely tell you've put lots of effort into it. As many of us probably know, you don't quite have the best history here on Pwing as you said yourself as well. But we all also know that over time people grow from these mistakes and learn from them in the end. However as you've only been back for about a week or two, we'll be keeping an eye out on you for the foreseeable future to determine whether you'll be a good fit for the team or not.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.085 seconds.