Pwing Forum

Home
Guides
Vote

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 58straps Chatmod Application TOPIC CLOSED
58straps
Digger
Post 58straps Chatmod Application
on: April 3, 2019, 18:58

█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
►►1. What is your in-game name?
My in-game name is 58straps.
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
►►2. What is your Discord name and tag?
My Discord name & tag is Y i N#7249
►►3. How much time do you think you can spend on Pwing daily?
Daily, I try to be on as much as I can―namely, over a few hours at least, or even most of the whole day.
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
►►4. Do you have any experience being a moderator or higher? (If yes, please link any relevant information. If you no longer have a position there, please mention why).
No, I do not have any experience with being a moderator or higher; however, I do enjoy helping others and making sure that the rules are followed.
►►5. Please list at least three rules which you believe are the most important.
The three rules which I believe to be most important are:
Rule 5) No harassment, spamming, all caps, being toxic, arguing, or swearing.
Rule 13) Never use “kys” or any kind of life threat towards another player.
Rule 20) Using alts to bypass a cooldown or access certain loot crates is not allowed.
►►6. Have you ever been banned, muted or punished in any way on Pwing or other servers? (If yes, please list the punishment and which server)
On Pwing, I have been muted a few times and jailed only once for exploiting a glitch in order to show a Moderator what other players were doing to exploit it. They did not know this, however (I did not tell them that this is what I was doing), and I was jailed as a result. I admit that this was not the best way to report it. I have never been punished in any way on other servers.
►►7. How old are you?
I am 14 years old.
►►8. How long have you been a member on the server?
I have been a member of the server for a little over 4 years.
►►9. How have you shown support to the server? (voting, donating, etc.)
I have shown support to the server by donating twice; once for a Duke rank and a second time for Legend. I vote for the server whenever I have the time to do so.
►►10. Please give your own description of what you think the job of a staff member is.
I believe that the job of a staff member is to ensure that all players are following the rules and that disputes have been settled; they are also expected to help players to the best of their ability (give advice, directions, etc.) but at the same time be relatable, available, and fair to the players so that everyone can have the best experience on Pwing.
►►11. Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?
I’ve not necessarily made any mistakes within the past year―none that I can think of, at least―but I do recall sometime a few years ago when I made a death threat to another player for refusing to leave my base. They hadn’t done much―or I just don’t remember exactly what they did―but I so badly wanted them to leave that I had gotten angered to the point that I threatened to kill them in some way. The moment that a staff member noticed it, I was muted for a day. Now, when this happened, I regretted my decision immediately. I never liked to get in trouble, so I would always try to stay far away from it. The only thing that had gotten in my way from doing so was my temper. I realize that what I said was wrong and absolutely unacceptable, and from that, I have learned to stay calm in situations that prompt me to lose my composure.
►►12. Why should we consider you as staff over others? Please list strengths, weaknesses and any other information we might want to about you.
Generally, I am a kind, generous, and well-known player who is always willing to put aside my own wants in order to help others. I am very active, and I help anyone out to the best of my ability. I don’t recall a time where I have not wanted to spend my time benefiting others rather than myself. One of my most important strengths, I believe, would be my ability to stay calm under frustrating or stressing situations, especially during arguments. I do not hold personal grudges against anyone, but that also means that I will not be afraid to give punishments accordingly to those who break the rules. I am an independent individual who can figure most things out on my own, and I have a good work ethic and get things done when I need them to be. Contrarily, some of my weaknesses are my forgetfulness and difficulty with understanding others’ feelings. I tend to think of things from a more logical point of view rather than an emotional, so I find showing empathy hard to come by. Although I do feel pity when someone presents to me an emotional problem of theirs, the feeling is not as strong as it may be for others. Also, I do sometimes tend to get a bit over obnoxious in playful situations, but I am able to control myself if I feel that I am getting too rowdy or might be doing that soon.
►►13. What is the reasoning for your application? Why are you deciding to apply for staff?
I am deciding to apply for staff because I want to help keep the server running & in order; I have wanted to be able to do something more for the server than just donate or vote, and I think that being a member of the staff team would help me to accomplish that goal.
►►14. SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a chatmod, and you permanently mute a well-known player (who was nonetheless guilty) with a large group of friends. All of the sudden, their friends start spamming you calling you a bad staff member, reporting you on the forums and trying to get you demoted. What would you do?
In this situation, I would do my best to stay calm and talk with the player’s friends about why they deserved the permanent mute. I would explain the necessity of it and offer the player a chance to make an appeal for the mute. If their friends continue to harass me, I may give them a mute as well in accordance with their behavior. After handling what I could of the situation myself, I would then report it to a higher staff member to clear up any misconceptions.
►►15. SCENARIO: It's a busy day and you're the only staff member online. You're constantly being asked for help by many players. There are a group of players causing mischief in chat and cussing other people out. Then there are a group of hackers in PvP. And on top of that one of your friends who is only on once a month asks you to go on a Delphi raid with them while they're here. What do you do?
In this scenario, I would first tell my friend to wait until later, after I have finished up with my priorities, which would be to deal with the hackers in PvP and give a warning to the players who are cussing. If those players continue to cause mischief, I will then proceed to mute them for 20 minutes. To deal with the hackers, I would head down to PvP and observe the players for a bit to judge if they really are using hacks. If they are, I would gather up as much evidence as I could in case I am questioned about it later, and then I would serve punishments―of which would most likely be a jail for 24 hours or so―to those who were hacking. Lastly, I would notify another staff member so that they know what happened.

mindwright-
s
Digger
Post Re: 58straps Chatmod Application
on: April 4, 2019, 09:48

Great staff app 10/10 hope you get Chatmod!

Grandslamm-
er1
Digger
on: April 4, 2019, 14:46

Known 58 for a while, she's a great player and very kind! Rooting for you! -Chew

Redned
Administrator
on: April 6, 2019, 12:23

Excellent application! Only thing I can really think of that you might want to talk more about is why we should consider you over others and what all you can bring to the table. Aside from that, I think everything else is fine.

58straps
Digger
on: April 7, 2019, 08:11

Updated.

Redned
Administrator
on: April 10, 2019, 19:09

Accepted! Welcome to the team 58!

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.139 seconds.