Pwing Forum

Home
Guides
Vote

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Zerur ban appeal TOPIC CLOSED
KindGhost
Post Zerur ban appeal
on: April 23, 2019, 08:23

Dude, I did nothing wrong. I talked to staff in DMs, and as you said. DMs don't have anything to do with the server. I'd like to be unbanned. Thanks.

mindwright-
s
Digger
Post Re: Zerur ban appeal
on: April 23, 2019, 11:21

Really don't see how that's worthy of a ban honestly. Like there's a jail command if you think he's being that disruptive, hes muted on disc and Minecraft. And unless he's spamming you in DMs it shouldn't matter. Blocking someone when they're trying to voice their concerns is well, I have to agree with Zer on this very unprofessional. Unless he is spamming you, you as a staff member should not be blocking a player trying to defend themselves. You're supposed have higher standards, blocking someone who annoys you or banning someone who causes "drama" for staff is not a good reason whatsoever to ban a person.

Redned
Administrator
Post Re: Zerur ban appeal
on: April 25, 2019, 17:31

The ban reason we gave you was a very general reason as I was unable to contact you to explain the reasoning behind it, however, it still remains true. You were banned for causing unneeded drama and just making staffs life harder in general. Constantly over the past few months you have done nothing but cause drama and spread toxicity (aside from the times where you "were trying to change"). And now it has come to the point where we had to permanently ban you from the server.

The instance that stood out the most is when you told a community member "good luck on your next attempt" in reference to them talking about their suicide attempts. After this you were punished with a week long mute and you promised me (and others) that you would change and were sorry. However after a week went by, there was a noticeable change in your attitude and it was quite obvious that you were trying to change, but shortly after you went right back to how you used to act. This is only one of probably four or five instances where this pattern has occurred.

Aside from this, just a little over a week ago, you were punished with a permanent mute. This was after you were criticizing a staff member for their choices (totally unrelated to Pwing) in public chat and started spreading toxicity and false information about them - just personally targeting them and trying to ruin their reputation on things that don't even matter here at all. Anyway, after seeing this, we decided it'd be best if you remained permanently muted to stop the toxicity you were spreading and ultimately keep your negativity away from Pwing.

After this permanent mute, you started communicating with staff by running invalid commands like "/how are you doing" (for example) which staff with social spy permissions can see. This didn't entitle a ban on its own, but it helped contribute to it partially considering you were using racial slurs and just being an overall nuisance. Even after a serverwide mute, you started causing problems on Discord too and spreading drama. This eventually led up to a mute there as well.

If a full on mute on the Discord and the server itself wasn't enough, it just got so extreme to the point where you were going on the wiki and changing the pages around to try and cause even more problems. This is what eventually led to your ban - causing unneeded drama and trying to make staffs lives harder for god knows why.

Quote from mindwrights on April 23, 2019, 11:21
Really don't see how that's worthy of a ban honestly. Like there's a jail command if you think he's being that disruptive, hes muted on disc and Minecraft. And unless he's spamming you in DMs it shouldn't matter. Blocking someone when they're trying to voice their concerns is well, I have to agree with Zer on this very unprofessional. Unless he is spamming you, you as a staff member should not be blocking a player trying to defend themselves. You're supposed have higher standards, blocking someone who annoys you or banning someone who causes "drama" for staff is not a good reason whatsoever to ban a person.

Zerur had little intention of explaining himself or voicing his concerns. He constantly spammed our DMs with meaningless messages targeting us because some of us "lived in America" and for the most part was trying to spread toxicity there with invalid information. He just wanted to argue. Eventually the staff members he was messaging decided they wanted to block him because of this. And even at times he did try to explain himself, it resulted in him using the same behavior as I just mentioned. He goes on calling us abusive and we get absolutely nowhere. If he wants to truly explain himself, he's going to have to process the whole situation before trying to approach us on it.

Hopefully that's enough insight for everyone else to know why Zerur was banned.

Denied. Have a nice day.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.064 seconds.