Pwing Forum

Home
Guides
Vote

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kohlth Skyblock chat-mod application
kohlth
Post Kohlth Skyblock chat-mod application
on: May 29, 2019, 20:52

Format:
Please answer these questions so we know more about your Pwing knowledge / playtime etc:

█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █

►►1. What is your in-game name?

kohlth
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █

►►2. What is your Discord name and tag?

kohlth #6115

►►3. How much time do you think you can spend on Pwing daily?

Minimum of a hour a day but usually close to 3 hours daily
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █

►►4. Do you have any experience being a moderator or higher? (If yes, please link any relevant information. If you no longer have a position there, please mention why).

I had a mod and admin position on a server called nether wars in 2015 that closed due to owners personal issues and lack of players

►►5. Please list at least three rules which you believe are the most important.

(2) no hacks, illegal modifications, or explotations (duping
(5) no harassment, spamming, all caps, being toxic, arguing or swearing
(7) no scaming, scamers will be removed from the market

►►6. Have you ever been banned, muted or punished in any way on Pwing or other servers? (If yes, please list the punishment and which server)

I was banned on a modded server for mistakenly breaking a applied energistics security terminal (a device that locks out players from using the storage) to put a item back into the system after the guy left in early 2017 (was in a claim so i could not place a chest).

►►7. How old are you?

►►8. How long have you been a member on the server?

About 3 or 4 years, from 2015/2016 to now.

►►9. How have you shown support to the server? (voting, donating, etc.)

I have donated and have legend rank and have also voted in past years ( i should probably vote more to be honest).

►►10. Please give your own description of what you think the job of a staff member is.

The job of a staff member is to mainly do their "job" in their staff role to the best of their ability's to keep the server healthy while keeping everyone happy and having fun, the secondary part is to help the server grow, flourish and succeed in meaning full ways by contributing in and out of the roles job requirements.

►►11. Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?

I once was in a group doing a project about 2 years ago and i was so stuck in a idea i had i did not listen to others, later i reflected on that and decided to make a effort to be more aware and listen to others ideas when im in a group. i t still effects me to this day.

►►12. Why should we consider you as staff over others? Please list strengths, weaknesses and any other information we might want to about you.

Strengths:
*I have 5 (from 2014 to now) years of minecraft experience and have a intermediate to high level understanding of minecraft mechanics and redstone mechanics
*I have some experience with mods and have made a playable but not completely stable modpack for public play on curse with 300 downloads
*I have a bit of plugin experience and can do basic world edit, staff commands, and regular commands, in a pinch i can safely tumble through permissions work
*I have much empathy and understanding when it comes to people
*I am decently intuitive and can find my way around something i dont know given time
*I am proficent with discord
*I am past the 2nd year of my 3d animation class and have skills in engines like maya, unreal and zbrush
*I have can use adobe photo shop in a intermediate fashion

Weaknesses
*I can be to forgiving some times
*I can sometimes be unshure of things and my self and have a hard time deciding
*I can be impulsive and do and say things i will regret later. this is very uncommon thought and will usally keep impulses under control when its necessary
*I have a hard time doing something i dont have any interest in or is something that no one else needs

►►13. What is the reasoning for your application? Why are you deciding to apply for staff?
I had a interest in the role because i crave something that will let me do something constructive for a community i know and "love" and sate my boredom. I also seek to help the pwing community grow and change in good and meaningful ways so i can say i helped do something that made people happy and have fun

►►14. SCENARIO: Suppose it's your first week of being a chatmod and you permanently mute a well-known player (who was nonetheless guilty) with a large group of friends. All of the sudden, their friends start spamming you calling you a bad staff member, reporting you on the forums and trying to get you demoted. What would you do?

I would discuss the issue with other staff members and try to use evidence and/or explain to my case in order to show i am not guilty of x or ys accusations. once i clear that up i would then state (hopefully with help of staff) to these friends of the guilty offender the evidence and explain what really happened on my side of the story so they can at least consider and forgive. if they continue, i would ask multiple other staff and possibly community members to back up my case in order to further prove my story. is they persist in being toxic and detrimental to me and the community i will then ask other staff if i can take action and mute/kick/ban respecively to the offence.

►►15. SCENARIO: It's a busy day and you're the only staff member online. You're constantly being asked for help by many players. There are a group of players causing mischief in chat and cussing other people out. Then there are a group of hackers in PvP. And on top of that one of your friends who is only on once a month asks you to go on a Delphi raid with them while they're here. What do you do?

I would tell my friend im sorry but i have to take care of my "staff stuff". Then i would first go and tell the people that need help to wait as there is some rule offenders that need some attention first, then i would warn the chat offenders and respectively mute and jail them if necessary. next i would go to pvp and seek the respective hackers and warn them and jail them and ask them to remove their hacked client, if they continue to use a hacked client, i would ban them. if any players lost items in pvp to these hackers i would give them compensation for it. then i would go help other players based off necessity and issue. If there is time left after, i would go raid with my friend.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.033 seconds.