Pwing Forum

Home
Guides
Vote

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Unfair Jail Time on Mindwrights Behalf TOPIC CLOSED
mrawesomeb-
urger
Miner
Post Unfair Jail Time on Mindwrights Behalf
on: July 11, 2019, 23:16

Recently (30 minutes ago as of now), Mindwrights and I were jailed, one for one week, and one for two days (respectively). The revolving issue around this jail is the following: Mindwrights tp'd me to a restricted area, showed me a button that put him in gm, and told me to click it. I did exactly as he said. He is being jailed for "fly hacking". The biggest problem I see here, is that he was, in fact, not fly hacking. Mindwrights simply told me, "There is a button in (a restricted area) that puts me in creative to help build." I simply responded to this, "I don't believe you, show me." First, we went to the top of warp turtle4, where no normal players could reach (without elytra/shouts), and then we did the tasks, as listed above, in order. Once Mindwrights had been put into gm, he started to fly around to show me, not interacting with any entities, dropped items, etc. He simply flew up and down to prove to me he could. His intent after that was to relog to be put back into survival. After I clicked the button, Redned saw the console command and immediately tp'd. He asked us why we were doing what we were doing and we thought it was a joke. He then revealed it wasn't and I told him the exact events of what happened. He then jailed us. His reasoning for mine included "lack of cooperation". Which is not true, and logs will be provided if need be. His other reasoning is aiding Mindwrights in abuse (summed up). He jailed Mindwrights for, as I said, "fly hacking" (in his explanation to us in-game, again logs can be provided if needed). Let's look at the facts though: No unfair advantage was given, no rooms were glitched into, we KNEW that redned was online, and did it AFTER we saw him online. Think for a second, Mind and I are smart people, do you believe we would have proceeded with that, if there was ANY CHANCE IN OUR MIND, that we thought it would end how it did? NO! It is not as if we used gamemode to exploit into delphi loot rooms, it is not as if we used it to advance bosses, or dupe. He simply wanted to show me something, and he is being jailed for a week. Mind and I have talked, and I offer to switch jail time with him. Redned claims that I knew that it was a restricted area because "the fact that you didn't move a single bit for like 10 seconds at all is quite suspicious". I believe, as does Mind, that this is all quite outrageous. Please leave support and bring awareness if you do too.

Key points to remember: Mind was on the outskirts, not IN the dungeon, he did not go anywhere near bosses, he had the inability to pick up or drop items, so it is physically impossible for him to dupe, and he had absolutely no, I repeat no unfair advantage.

Not that it matters, these aren't in /rules either,,,, just saying, how were we supposed to know we'd get in trouble... I mean we freakin knew red was online lol, if we knew we'd get in trouble we wouldn't have done it.

Please for the love of all that is good and holy switch me and Mind's jails.

If they should not be switched, I believe a 3-4 day jail is more than fair regarding the situations.

also,,, first time offenders, with a week jail... js

-Esszy & MindWrights

mrawesomeb-
urger
Miner
Post Re: Unfair Jail Time on Mindwrights Behalf
on: July 11, 2019, 23:22

mrawesomeb-
urger
Miner
on: July 11, 2019, 23:28

One last thing, why are we allowed to elytra fly wherever we want with no punishment, but when Mind flies for a few seconds and is ab to relog, OUTSIDE of a dungeon, he gets jailed for a week,,, HMMMMMMMMM.

Redned
Administrator
on: July 11, 2019, 23:50

Quote from mrawesomeburger on July 11, 2019, 23:16
Recently (30 minutes ago as of now), Mindwrights and I were jailed, one for one week, and one for two days (respectively). The revolving issue around this jail is the following: Mindwrights tp'd me to a restricted area, showed me a button that put him in gm, and told me to click it. I did exactly as he said. He is being jailed for "fly hacking". The biggest problem I see here, is that he was, in fact, not fly hacking. Mindwrights simply told me, "There is a button in (a restricted area) that puts me in creative to help build." I simply responded to this, "I don't believe you, show me." First, we went to the top of warp turtle4, where no normal players could reach (without elytra/shouts), and then we did the tasks, as listed above, in order. Once Mindwrights had been put into gm, he started to fly around to show me, not interacting with any entities, dropped items, etc. He simply flew up and down to prove to me he could. His intent after that was to relog to be put back into survival. After I clicked the button, Redned saw the console command and immediately tp'd. He asked us why we were doing what we were doing and we thought it was a joke. He then revealed it wasn't and I told him the exact events of what happened. He then jailed us. His reasoning for mine included "lack of cooperation". Which is not true, and logs will be provided if need be. His other reasoning is aiding Mindwrights in abuse (summed up). He jailed Mindwrights for, as I said, "fly hacking" (in his explanation to us in-game, again logs can be provided if needed). Let's look at the facts though: No unfair advantage was given, no rooms were glitched into, we KNEW that redned was online, and did it AFTER we saw him online. Think for a second, Mind and I are smart people, do you believe we would have proceeded with that, if there was ANY CHANCE IN OUR MIND, that we thought it would end how it did? NO! It is not as if we used gamemode to exploit into delphi loot rooms, it is not as if we used it to advance bosses, or dupe. He simply wanted to show me something, and he is being jailed for a week. Mind and I have talked, and I offer to switch jail time with him. Redned claims that I knew that it was a restricted area because "the fact that you didn't move a single bit for like 10 seconds at all is quite suspicious". I believe, as does Mind, that this is all quite outrageous. Please leave support and bring awareness if you do too.

Key points to remember: Mind was on the outskirts, not IN the dungeon, he did not go anywhere near bosses, he had the inability to pick up or drop items, so it is physically impossible for him to dupe, and he had absolutely no, I repeat no unfair advantage.

Not that it matters, these aren't in /rules either,,,, just saying, how were we supposed to know we'd get in trouble... I mean we freakin knew red was online lol, if we knew we'd get in trouble we wouldn't have done it.

Please for the love of all that is good and holy switch me and Mind's jails.

If they should not be switched, I believe a 3-4 day jail is more than fair regarding the situations.

also,,, first time offenders, with a week jail... js

-Esszy & MindWrights

I would like to point out that many of the points you made in this appeal were addressed shortly before you wrote this. I'll go over them one by one to not confuse others.

He is being jailed for "fly hacking". The biggest problem I see here, is that he was, in fact, not fly hacking. Mindwrights simply told me, "There is a button in a restricted area that puts me in creative to help build."

This is not what I said at all. I even addressed this. He was jailed for three things: the first being he teleported you into a restricted area, that he was given access to temporarily to help assist with a server project. There was a command block there that gave him creative mode meant to be used for this area only. The fact that you A) accepted the teleport and didn't report, B) Pressed this button which you then later told me you knew would give him creative mode.

This raises multiple red flags on its own. It's quite obvious you knew what was going to happen.

His reasoning for mine included "lack of cooperation". Which is not true, and logs will be provided if need be. His other reasoning is aiding Mindwrights in abuse (summed up)

Your jail is two days for aiding in this. You were not jailed for "lack of cooperation". Once again, I brought this up earlier. You were jailed for both aiding him in getting creative mode and pressing this button. It should be quite obvious that a button in a restricted area giving someone extra permissions is not something you should be messing with.

No unfair advantage was given, no rooms were glitched into, we KNEW that redned was online, and did it AFTER we saw him online.

The rules don't state that breaking them is totally fine when nobody is around.

Many people break the rules while I'm online.

Redned claims that I knew that it was a restricted area because "the fact that you didn't move a single bit for like 10 seconds at all is quite suspicious"

I saw you stand there and press the button. It was clear that you knew what you were doing. There were many red flags raised here that should've been quite obvious in the first place.

Redned
Administrator
on: July 11, 2019, 23:54

Quote from mrawesomeburger on July 11, 2019, 23:22
<image>

This was in response to a link someone posted in chat. You cut out the part where you called out a member because you thought they were breaking a rule by posting a link in chat. I later corrected you saying this was perfectly fine as long as it wasnt inappropriate or a virus.

mrawesomeb-
urger
Miner
on: July 11, 2019, 23:57

Oh please I’m not denying rules were broke, I’m arguing that it is an unfair punishment. Also, I’d like the first offense portion addressed. For something so harmless, I would have assumed a warning is due? I guess not knowing a rule then getting a week jail for that is normal right!

mrawesomeb-
urger
Miner
on: July 11, 2019, 23:58

I believe for this to be fully punishable, rules need to be clarified a LOT more. If a state/country does mot have a law outlining a specific detail, and a person does something that people don’t like, they can’t be prosecuted...

Redned
Administrator
on: July 12, 2019, 00:00

Quote from mrawesomeburger on July 11, 2019, 23:57
Oh please I’m not denying rules were broke, I’m arguing that it is an unfair punishment. Also, I’d like the first offense portion addressed. For something so harmless, I would have assumed a warning is due? I guess not knowing a rule then getting a week jail for that is normal right!

Not knowing a rule is no excuse. Warnings are given out for offenses in chat for the most part. Something like this does not need a warn and directly goes to a punishment.

mrawesomeb-
urger
Miner
on: July 12, 2019, 00:03

Quote from Redned on July 12, 2019, 00:00
Something like this does not need a warn and directly goes to a punishment.

This is being treated as if he was HACKING on the server lol, seems a bit severe to me

mrawesomeb-
urger
Miner
on: July 12, 2019, 00:04

also, it’s hard to know a rule that isn’t told to us, if you don’t tell a baby cussing is wrong, it’s gonma cuss and get yelled at by parents and teachers, but that baby didn’t know it was wrong bc NO ONE TOLD THEM! WE ARE THE BABIES.

Pages: [1] 2
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.087 seconds.