Pwing Forum

Home
Guides
Vote

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Arrogant Owners/Admins Wake up Call (Language)
thetruth
Post Arrogant Owners/Admins Wake up Call (Language)
on: February 9, 2020, 18:34

Hello it is James.
The truth of the matter is you few are unfit for ownership. Either you are self aware or blinded by the truth. Your server has gone to shit. Deny it as you wish however the numbers show. There are less than 10 people that log on a day. Is that your vision of success? I dont think so. The servers profit is 0 if not negative. Now there are options.
1. Shut Down-
Your foolishness has resulted in absolute and total failure. Some good things in life have to go. Retire the server. You failed and admit it.

2. Transfer Ownership-
Transfer ownership to someone with time and dedication. This can be done fairly easily. You have the capability to still take part in staffing the server however you few in command need to hand of the reigns to someone who knows how to operate a server.

3. Remain Owner -
Listen to the following advice and fix your fucking shit. Your opportunity to make money can easily be created. You were handed a perfectly functioning server yet you have neglected this and thrown it to shit.

1a. Dungeons -
The plot is dry, loot is awful, difficulty is shit, and the advertisement for the dungeons are awful. I have not seen a single person say " I look forward to the next pwing dungeon".

2a. PVP- The most crucial of all. Now I have noticed the pure ignorance from the owner. Redned you. Yes you. You are a fucking idiot. That is not meant to be an insult. However you are in highschool. You should be able to tell right from bullshit. You say pvp is not the draw factor of pwing. Now care to explain to me what fucking is. I see 5 people on at max. What fucking draw factor is there. You say pwing is built around dungeons huh? When did you play. I have played for longer than every single one of the current players. Pwing was most popular when pvp was alive, not when it was advertised the most. You are arrogant. Pvp has been neglected and trashed. You fail to understand what to do with pvp. The whole point of pwing was to collect gear AND USE THAT GEAR FROM DUNGEONS. Pvp enabled this. You were able to use the gear that you spent money on, grinded for, or traded for. However, you have failed to recognize this and now you are becoming tied to this failure of a server.

Conclusion - You have really disappointed me. I have spent more hours playing this server within the past decade than noteable. I have shared memories with this past amazing server. But you have trashed it. You have taken MY SERVER that I spent thousands of hours on and trashed it. Fix your fucking shit. I promise you at the rate this is going it wont last long. I have always been willing to share advice. However, everytime i do it gets shot down. You say you know best but you are a failure. Admit this. Make a change to the server, make some fucking money. I hope you make the financially, morally, and nostalgic decision.

Best Regards,
The Last OG Left

Redned
Administrator
Post Re: Arrogant Owners/Admins Wake up Call (Language)
on: February 9, 2020, 20:16

Quote from thetruth on February 9, 2020, 18:34
Hello it is James.
The truth of the matter is you few are unfit for ownership. Either you are self aware or blinded by the truth. Your server has gone to shit. Deny it as you wish however the numbers show. There are less than 10 people that log on a day. Is that your vision of success? I dont think so. The servers profit is 0 if not negative. Now there are options.
1. Shut Down-
Your foolishness has resulted in absolute and total failure. Some good things in life have to go. Retire the server. You failed and admit it.

Not happening.

2. Transfer Ownership-
Transfer ownership to someone with time and dedication. This can be done fairly easily. You have the capability to still take part in staffing the server however you few in command need to hand of the reigns to someone who knows how to operate a server.

Oh I've got time to run the server, albeit less over the past few weeks, but not to the point where I can't do anything. As I mentioned in Bran's post, there is MUCH more that goes on than you can actually see.

3. Remain Owner -
Listen to the following advice and fix your fucking shit. Your opportunity to make money can easily be created. You were handed a perfectly functioning server yet you have neglected this and thrown it to shit.

I'm not running this server to make money. If I was, I would've left it a long time ago. What is lesser known is that the server was already in a terrible place when I took it over, a lot more than is visible. There are still things I'm trying to clean up from Tara's time and it's not as easy as you'd like to think it was. We're still working on this stuff.

The plot is dry, loot is awful, difficulty is shit, and the advertisement for the dungeons are awful. I have not seen a single person say " I look forward to the next pwing dungeon".

To be fair, you were banned for nearly a year, and prior to the release of the Desolation dungeon, there were countless people who said they looked forward to it. There are also many people who enjoy the dungeons still. Again, not perfect in every place, but not terrible in every place either. Though if you have some constructive feedback on what you dislike about the dungeons personally, I'd like to hear it.

2a. PVP- The most crucial of all. Now I have noticed the pure ignorance from the owner. Redned you. Yes you. You are a fucking idiot. That is not meant to be an insult. However you are in highschool. You should be able to tell right from bullshit. You say pvp is not the draw factor of pwing. Now care to explain to me what fucking is. I see 5 people on at max. What fucking draw factor is there. You say pwing is built around dungeons huh? When did you play. I have played for longer than every single one of the current players. Pwing was most popular when pvp was alive, not when it was advertised the most. You are arrogant. Pvp has been neglected and trashed. You fail to understand what to do with pvp. The whole point of pwing was to collect gear AND USE THAT GEAR FROM DUNGEONS. Pvp enabled this. You were able to use the gear that you spent money on, grinded for, or traded for. However, you have failed to recognize this and now you are becoming tied to this failure of a server.

Just pulling from what I said on Bran's post:

Quote from Redned on February 9, 2020, 20:01
I've tried to bring pvp back. We brought back consistent pvp seasons, disabled shard weapons in pvp, and listened to many community requests. What we've concluded at the end of the day is it simply won't work, not only because a lack of players in pvp, but ultimately the way the server has evolved the past few years -- some things in our control and some not. For example, in order for a true pvp server to be successful, it needs to be on 1.8. Problem is, Pwing is on 1.13, and there is no way we can go back. We could try and run it on the latest version, but even then it would be difficult to emulate a true pvp experience.

I would also argue that pvp was only a core gamemode on the server for about a couple years on the server, around 2014 give or take. During it's first year or so, when it had it's first peak of players, pvp was only a side activity that roughly 10% of the community played (source: Kevinthedude). Sure, when pvp was popular, the server was at it's peak, but so was the toxicity. One thing many people fail to acknowledge during this time was how toxic and volatile the community was. This was back during the days when Skype was the prominent platform to speak with other people on, which also gave your IP to anybody you called. This resulted in pvp more of turninginto a battle of who had the best booter. You'd be in the middle of a fight, and someone would DDoS you, causing you to go offline and lose everything. Ultimately, the server was going in a terrible direction at this point.

Conclusion - You have really disappointed me. I have spent more hours playing this server within the past decade than noteable. I have shared memories with this past amazing server. But you have trashed it. You have taken MY SERVER that I spent thousands of hours on and trashed it. Fix your fucking shit. I promise you at the rate this is going it wont last long. I have always been willing to share advice. However, everytime i do it gets shot down. You say you know best but you are a failure. Admit this. Make a change to the server, make some fucking money. I hope you make the financially, morally, and nostalgic decision.

If Pwing were running the same as it was in 2014 now, it wouldn't survive. The times have changed, the ecosystem has changed, and the players have changed too. It's much more complicated than that. I'd recommend you read my reply on Bran's post.

KindGhost
Post Re: Arrogant Owners/Admins Wake up Call (Language)
on: February 13, 2020, 11:39

jkjk

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.104 seconds.