Pwing Forum

Home
Guides
Vote

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Content creator application TOPIC CLOSED
robeplayer
Post Content creator application
on: March 7, 2020, 16:25

►►1. What is your in-game name?
-robeplayer

►►2. What is your Discord name and tag?
-robeplayer#7421

►►3. How much time do you think you can spend on Pwing daily?
-Usually around anywhere from an hour to several depending on how busy I am.

►►4. Do you have any experience being a content creator or working specifically with servers (such as programming knowledge, configuration experience, etc.)? (If yes, please link any relevant information. If you no longer have a position there, please mention why).
-I've been a developer on 2 previous servers and was the sole developer on my own which used MagicScrolls, I'm no longer staff on either due to the server closing down, other than that I mostly just have experience with YAML and basic JSON files

►►5. Please list at least three rules which you believe are the most important.
-Rules 13, as I believe players should have respect for one another especially since we are such a small community. Rules 17 For no tp trapping
like how the old rules used to allow and Rule 22 For the same reason as rule 13.
►►6. Have you ever been banned, muted or punished in any way on Pwing or other servers? (If yes, please list the punishment and which server)
-I believe I was jailed for about half a week for tp trapping a few years ago on pwing but have since not been in any trouble on any servers.

►►7. How old are you?

►►8. How long have you been a member on the server?
-About 8 years a few months after launch

►►9. How have you shown support to the server? (voting, donating, etc.)
Reached right below max voting rank then donated my way to overlord and stayed a fairly active player since

►►10. Please give your own description of what you think the job of a content creator is as well as what you'd see yourself doing in a position like this.
-I believe it should be someone who works behind the scenes to work on everything code wise and just general quality of life support for the rest of the server and staff

►►11. Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?
-Mistakingly under guessed ammonia levels in the water which caused plants to decay, I responded by putting in water treatments and learned to always triple check

►►12. Why should we consider giving you the content creator rank over others? Please list strengths, weaknesses and any other information we might want to about you.
-I have experience with several plugins that pwing runs off of and I learn quickly coding wise.
However, as for weaknesses I sometimes get caught up in studies and will not be able to log in for a while.

►►13. What is the reasoning for your application? Why are you deciding to apply for staff?
-I love coding and pwing so I'd love to support it using my prior experiences and helping the developer team

►►14. SCENARIO: Assume you are given the content creator role and your main task is working on new items and bosses for a dungeon. Accidentally, you combine these new items with existing ones in a shared chest, and one of your friends takes them, not knowing what they are for. How do you intend to address this situation?
-I'd probably try to make it as lowkey as possible and check their chest and inventory before actually bringing it up as I'd like it to be as unknown as possible to release.

►►15. Is there any other information we may want to know about you before determining whether you are fit for the job? If so, please let us know.
-I feel I get along well with most players and staff and believe that is really important and have fairly decent knowledge as to the server itself.

Redned
Administrator
Post Re: Content creator application
on: March 7, 2020, 16:57

Decent application, but there are a handful of things I want to address:

#4: Please provide more information on specifically what you did on these servers and what all you did with "MagicScrolls" (I'd assume just a typo of MagicSpells but I'd like to know more about this). Also, what all did you do as a "developer" here?
#10: What do you see yourself doing in this position? Please be a bit more specific.
#11: This is more about a mistake you made on the server or something that had a fairly large impact on you which made you change your opinion or position on something. This does not need to be extremely personal but should show how you reflected on a mistake and what you learned.
#12: Specifically what plugins? And what do you suspect (or know) Pwing uses to handle these things? Also, specify personal strengths/weaknesses.
#13: This is the first time you've specifically mentioned coding as part of what you'd be doing, and starting off, coding is not what you'd be doing as a content creator. This is something you'd more of be helping with (assuming you have the knowledge) slowly during your time as a content creator, and ultimately if we think you're doing a good job, developer is something we'd be willing to promote you to. However, you'll mostly be working within the server on things like bosses, items, and loot tables.

robeplayer
on: March 7, 2020, 17:15

►►4. Do you have any experience being a content creator or working specifically with servers (such as programming knowledge, configuration experience, etc.)? (If yes, please link any relevant information. If you no longer have a position there, please mention why).
-I've been a developer on 2 previous servers and was the sole developer on my own which used MagicSpellls and worked on custom spells on both on my private server it was mostly just experimental spells to kinda test the limits of the plugin and on the other, it was mostly just blinking and combat-based spells, I'm no longer staff on either due to the server closing down, other than that I mostly just have experience with YAML and basic JSON files

►►10. Please give your own description of what you think the job of a content creator is as well as what you'd see yourself doing in a position like this.
-I believe it should be someone who works behind the scenes to work on everything code wise and just general quality of life support for the rest of the server and staff, I'd work with new bosses, lore items and especially helping with the new race-based spells and just general help with developer team.

►►11. Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?
-I forgot to click the chest outside of Solaris and wasted a harp, I dealt with it by accepting it and teleporting home, I learned to always double-check everything on the server.

►►12. Why should we consider giving you the content creator rank over others? Please list strengths, weaknesses and any other information we might want to about you.
-I have experience with several plugins that pwing runs off (EffectLibs, Towny, Magicspells and Epicboss) and I'm a quick learner with lots of Freetime
However, as for weaknesses I sometimes get caught up in studies and will not be able to log in for a while and I'm sometimes arrogant with my personal knowledge

►►13. What is the reasoning for your application? Why are you deciding to apply for staff?
- My reasoning it just planning on helping general staff with boss info, items, and loot tables, I'm deciding to apply since I think i could really help the server.

Redned
Administrator
on: March 9, 2020, 20:34

After careful consideration, we've decided to deny this application for a couple of reasons. It's less on the amount of confidence we have in your abilities to use these plugins and work with these configurations, but more on the quality of the application itself. The original application seemed rushed, and to us (not trying to be harsh here), that shows to us that you don't put much importance into being a staff member. An application on it's first submission should be thorough and communicate to us that being staff is something you'd really be willing to commit to and do to the best of your ability. Even after I asked for some clarification or more specific responses to some of the answers, I still got some fairly rushed answers (for example, most of your answers consist of one extremely long run-on sentence).

Feel free to reapply in a month.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.047 seconds.